Our newest product for beginner level paddlers. This 1 hour guided excursion on the river is designed for those not yet ready to paddle on the river alone and not interested in our Historic Chicago tour. This is not a tour product, but simply a supervised paddle. 20 min training session included before the tour. Reservations recommended.
More Details and our FAQ Page
- Arrival Time: Please arrive 15 min before the scheduled tour time to ensure all tours stay on schedule.
- Approx Time: 1 hour on the water
- Another Detail: This paddle starts and finishes at our Downtown location.
- More Detail: Wear workout/ cycling gloves if you have them. Your hands will thank you.
"Choose Urban Kayaks and have fun! As a long time Chicagoan I can attest to how unbeatable the views are of the city from this experience."
"We were able to take in the scenes of the city without the hectic crowds of typical tourists."
"It was a great fun filled afternoon and I recommend for visitors and locals alike!"
"This is an experience that should not be missed. It was an amazing way to see the city."
"The views are insanely beautiful and romantic. You see the buildings from a new perspective and get the history behind them. I loved hearing the stories and seeing it all. A great experience."
Fequently Asked Questions and our Faq Page
- What should I wear?
- Beach clothing is ideal. A bathing suit, sandals, hat, and sunglasses work well. Don't forget sunscreen.
- Do you provide lockers/ storage to keep valuables safe and dry?
- Yes. Locker rentals are available on site for a minimal fee. Free open air cubbies are also available. Additionally, Built into every kayak is a storage hatch where you are able to store some belongings. Please keep in mind this storage hatch is not 100% waterproof. Additionally, we have customer changing rooms on site for your convenience.
- How much weight can the kayaks hold?
- A single kayak holds one person and has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. A tandem kayak can hold one or two people and has a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- Should I bring my camera/ phone?
- Well, this is a tricky one. On one hand you will get a unique "ducks eye" view of the city while paddling, however you will also get wet. Keeping your camera in a waterproof bag while paddling works well. Bring everything at your own risk.