Sit back and enjoy the beautiful city while one of our instructors paddles you around. Our newest product for anyone looking to get out on the river for a calming 30 min canoe ride with an instructor. No Reservations necessary. Canoe Rides are offered from our Cove location on a first come first served basis.
More Details and our FAQ Page
- Cost: $10/ person
- Hours of Operations: Canoe Rides are offered Fri-Sun 10am-5pm. No Reservations Necessary
- Approx Time: 30 min on the water
- Another Detail: This paddle starts and finishes at our Cove location.
- More Detail: Max 2 adults per ride.
"Choose Urban Kayaks and have fun! As a long time Chicagoan I can attest to how unbeatable the views are of the city from this experience."
"This is an experience that should not be missed. It was an amazing way to see the city."
"The views are insanely beautiful and romantic. You see the buildings from a new perspective and get the history behind them. I loved hearing the stories and seeing it all. A great experience."
Fequently Asked Questions and our Faq Page
- What should I wear?
- Beach clothing is ideal. A bathing suit, sandals, hat, and sunglasses work well. Don't forget sunscreen.
- Do you provide lockers/ storage to keep valuables safe and dry?
- Yes. Locker rentals are available on site for a minimal fee. Free open air cubbies are also available. Additionally, Built into every kayak is a storage hatch where you are able to store some belongings. Please keep in mind this storage hatch is not 100% waterproof. Additionally, we have customer changing rooms on site for your convenience.
- How much weight can the kayaks hold?
- A single kayak holds one person and has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. A tandem kayak can hold one or two people and has a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- Should I bring my camera/ phone?
- Well, this is a tricky one. On one hand you will get a unique "ducks eye" view of the city while paddling, however you will also get wet. Keeping your camera in a waterproof bag while paddling works well. Bring everything at your own risk.