- Child Ages 10 – 16 | Price is per day
After School Kayak Class
Urban Kayaks “After School Kayak Class” is a ‘learn-to-paddle’ after school program for kids ages 10 – 16 designed to help children get comfortable on the water. Your child will receive personalized attention from our experienced instructors with a 1:5 instructor to student ratio. All students must know how to swim.
Launch Site: Class will be held at our Monroe Harbor location
How to Dress: Waterproof cold weather clothing. Waterproof Jacket, Pants, and gloves are recommended. Bring a change of clothes, a hat and a towel.
Snack: All children need to bring their own non-perishable drinks, and snacks.
Swimming: Certified instructors will assure that each student enters the water at an appropriate pace and skill level, however all campers must be able to swim on their own.
Health & Safety: Upon registration, you will be asked to complete a medical form for your child. Please be certain it contains all the information needed to properly care for your child. Feel free to contact the Urban Kayaks Office prior to registration to discuss any health concerns.
- Each child will use the same equipment for the entire day (kayak/paddleboard, paddle, PFD).
- At the end of each day, all boats, paddles, and pfds will be sanitized
- We will limit the use of shared materials and sanitize between every use
- All staff will wear face masks
- Disposable gloves will be available for use
- Extra handwashing stations available for staff and campers