For those who are experienced paddlers looking to go it alone, this is a great option on the lakefront. Monroe Habor offers calmer conditions than the river and is a great option for beginners
RENTAL PRICING & HOURS:
$30 per hour per person.
One hour min. Prorated after the first hour. $7.50 per 15 minutes per person.
- Opening May 15th, 2019
- Monday through Friday 11 a.m - 7 p.m. (boats off the water at 7 p.m.)
- Saturday through Sunday 9 a.m - 7 p.m. (boats off the water at 7 p.m.)
IMPORTANT RENTAL INFORMATION
- Must be 18 to rent a kayak alone.
- Valid drivers license required in order to rent a kayak.
- Prior kayaking experience required at this location. Be prepared for a skills assessment.
- All kayaks are offered on a first come/ first served basis.
- Walk ups are welcome, however we also accept advanced reservations for this location.
- Rental hours may be interrupted due to weather conditions.
EQUIPMENT AT MONROE HARBOR LOCATION
- Paddle Boards
- Single Kayaks: Sit on Top and Touring (Members Only)
- Tandem Kayaks: Touring
"Choose Urban Kayaks and have fun! As a long time Chicagoan I can attest to how unbeatable the views are of the city from this experience."
"This is an experience that should not be missed. It was an amazing way to see the city."
"The views are insanely beautiful and romantic. You see the buildings from a new perspective and get the history behind them. I loved hearing the stories and seeing it all. A great experience."
Fequently Asked Questions and our Faq Page
- What should I wear?
- Beach clothing is ideal. A bathing suit, sandals, hat, and sunglasses work well. Don't forget sunscreen.
- Do you provide lockers/ storage to keep valuables safe and dry?
- Yes. Locker rentals are available on site for a minimal fee. Free open air cubbies are also available. Additionally, Built into every kayak is a storage hatch where you are able to store some belongings. Please keep in mind this storage hatch is not 100% waterproof. Additionally, we have customer changing rooms on site for your convenience.
- How much weight can the kayaks hold?
- A single kayak holds one person and has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. A tandem kayak can hold one or two people and has a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- Should I bring my camera/ phone?
- Well, this is a tricky one. On one hand you will get a unique "ducks eye" view of the city while paddling, however you will also get wet. Keeping your camera in a waterproof bag while paddling works well. Bring everything at your own risk.