Demand to see Navy Pier's fireworks displays every Wednesday and Saturday throughout the summer caused us to add this new product. First, take a guided hourlong paddle through the city canyon as it's illuminated at night and reflecting off the water right next to you. Our professional guides will then lead you just east of Lake Shore Drive Bridge, the gateway to Lake Michigan, where you will witness an amazing fireworks show. Afterward, paddle just a few hundred yards back to our downtown dock to get off the water. Experience not necessary, but reservations are recommended. Lights will be included on all boats.
- Arrival Time: Please arrive 15 min before the scheduled tour time to check in and store any items not needed on the water in our lockers.
- Approximate Time: One hour on the water, plus 15 minute fireworks show
- Launch Site: This tour starts/finishes at our Riverwalk location.
- How to Dress: Be prepared to get wet and wear cycling gloves if you have them. Your hands will thank you.
"Choose Urban Kayaks and have fun! As a long time Chicagoan I can attest to how unbeatable the views are of the city from this experience."
"This is an experience that should not be missed. It was an amazing way to see the city."
"The views are insanely beautiful and romantic. You see the buildings from a new perspective and get the history behind them. I loved hearing the stories and seeing it all. A great experience."
Fequently Asked Questions and our Faq Page
- What should I wear?
- Beach clothing is ideal. A bathing suit, sandals, hat, and sunglasses work well. Don't forget sunscreen.
- Do you provide lockers/ storage to keep valuables safe and dry?
- Yes. Locker rentals are available on site for a minimal fee. Free open air cubbies are also available. Additionally, Built into every kayak is a storage hatch where you are able to store some belongings. Please keep in mind this storage hatch is not 100% waterproof. Additionally, we have customer changing rooms on site for your convenience.
- How much weight can the kayaks hold?
- A single kayak holds one person and has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. A tandem kayak can hold one or two people and has a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- Should I bring my camera/ phone?
- Well, this is a tricky one. On one hand you will get a unique "ducks eye" view of the city while paddling, however you will also get wet. Keeping your camera in a waterproof bag while paddling works well. Bring everything at your own risk.