Join one of the world's fastest-growing recreational activities at Urban Kayaks' new location on the lake at Monroe Harbor! Our instructors will give you the basic skills and safety advice to get you up and paddle boarding in no time. After taking this one-hour lesson with an experienced guide, paddle boarders can go out on their own for up to an hour (rental included).
More Details and our FAQ Page
- Arrival Time: Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure all lessons stay on schedule.
- Approximate Time: One hour with an instructor; up to one hour rental after the class.
- Launch Site: This tour starts and ends at our Monroe Harbor location
- How to Dress: Bring only what you need. Plan on getting wet.
"Choose Urban Kayaks and have fun! As a long time Chicagoan I can attest to how unbeatable the views are of the city from this experience."
"This is an experience that should not be missed. It was an amazing way to see the city."
"The views are insanely beautiful and romantic. You see the buildings from a new perspective and get the history behind them. I loved hearing the stories and seeing it all. A great experience."
Fequently Asked Questions and our Faq Page
- What should I wear?
- Beach clothing is ideal. A bathing suit, sandals, hat, and sunglasses work well. Don't forget sunscreen.
- Do you provide lockers/ storage to keep valuables safe and dry?
- Yes. Locker rentals are available on site for a minimal fee. Free open air cubbies are also available. Additionally, Built into every kayak is a storage hatch where you are able to store some belongings. Please keep in mind this storage hatch is not 100% waterproof. Additionally, we have customer changing rooms on site for your convenience.
- How much weight can the kayaks hold?
- A single kayak holds one person and has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. A tandem kayak can hold one or two people and has a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- Should I bring my camera/ phone?
- Well, this is a tricky one. On one hand you will get a unique "ducks eye" view of the city while paddling, however you will also get wet. Keeping your camera in a waterproof bag while paddling works well. Bring everything at your own risk.