Even dogs love kayaking! Come check out our Puppy Paddle at our new Monroe Harbor location every Saturday starting at noon. You'll have your choice of taking out a sit-on-top kayak, recreational kayak (tandem or single) or a paddle board for a one-hour paddle on Lake Michigan. And your dog can ride with you! So if you have a doggie life jacket, bring it! Urban Kayaks' staff will be on the water guiding the group. Cost is $45 per person/puppy, and for every ticket sold, Urban Kayaks will donate $15 to Chicago Canine Rescue. After the paddle, hang out at Monroe Harbor and play with the pups. Wear a bathing suit and expect to get wet!
More Details and our FAQ Page
- Arrival Time: Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to check in and stow anything you may not want to bring on the water
- Approximate Time: One hour on the water with your pup and an instructor.
- Launch Site: This event will be held at our Monroe Harbor location
- How to Dress: Expect to get wet, maybe even fall in. So wear a swimsuit!
- More Details: Please bring your own puppy life jacket if you have one.
"Choose Urban Kayaks and have fun! As a long time Chicagoan I can attest to how unbeatable the views are of the city from this experience."
"This is an experience that should not be missed. It was an amazing way to see the city."
"The views are insanely beautiful and romantic. You see the buildings from a new perspective and get the history behind them. I loved hearing the stories and seeing it all. A great experience."
Fequently Asked Questions and our Faq Page
- What should I wear?
- Beach clothing is ideal. A bathing suit, sandals, hat, and sunglasses work well. Don't forget sunscreen.
- Do you provide lockers/ storage to keep valuables safe and dry?
- Yes. Locker rentals are available on site for a minimal fee. Free open air cubbies are also available. Additionally, Built into every kayak is a storage hatch where you are able to store some belongings. Please keep in mind this storage hatch is not 100% waterproof. Additionally, we have customer changing rooms on site for your convenience.
- How much weight can the kayaks hold?
- A single kayak holds one person and has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. A tandem kayak can hold one or two people and has a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- Should I bring my camera/ phone?
- Well, this is a tricky one. On one hand you will get a unique "ducks eye" view of the city while paddling, however you will also get wet. Keeping your camera in a waterproof bag while paddling works well. Bring everything at your own risk.