March 11th, Join in the Chicago tradition that celebrates its 62nd anniversary this year. Paddle the Green Chicago River with our Green Kayaks and be the talk of the parade. Don your best green outfit—and embrace all Chicago has to offer for those Irish at heart. Alcohol will not be permitted in the kayaks. Prior kayaking experience recommended.
More Details and our FAQ Page
- Arrival Time: Please arrive 15 min before the scheduled tour time to ensure all tours stay on schedule
- Approx Time: 1.5 hrs on the water
- Start/ Finish: This tour starts and finishes at our Riverwalk location.
- More Detail: Wear workout/ cycling gloves if you have them. Your hands will thank you.
"Choose Urban Kayaks and have fun! As a long time Chicagoan I can attest to how unbeatable the views are of the city from this experience."
"This is an experience that should not be missed. It was an amazing way to see the city."
"The views are insanely beautiful and romantic. You see the buildings from a new perspective and get the history behind them. I loved hearing the stories and seeing it all. A great experience."
Fequently Asked Questions and our Faq Page
- What should I wear?
- Beach clothing is ideal. A bathing suit, sandals, hat, and sunglasses work well. Don't forget sunscreen.
- Do you provide lockers/ storage to keep valuables safe and dry?
- Yes. Locker rentals are available on site for a minimal fee. Free open air cubbies are also available. Additionally, Built into every kayak is a storage hatch where you are able to store some belongings. Please keep in mind this storage hatch is not 100% waterproof. Additionally, we have customer changing rooms on site for your convenience.
- How much weight can the kayaks hold?
- A single kayak holds one person and has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. A tandem kayak can hold one or two people and has a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- Should I bring my camera/ phone?
- Well, this is a tricky one. On one hand you will get a unique "ducks eye" view of the city while paddling, however you will also get wet. Keeping your camera in a waterproof bag while paddling works well. Bring everything at your own risk.