Historic Chicago Tour
- Single Kayak Ages 18+ or accompanied by an adult
- Tandem Kayak Ages 18+ or accompanied by an adult | For 2 People
Tour Historic Chicago By Kayak
Join us for a guided excursion on the Chicago River’s Main Branch to paddle through a spectacular modern urban setting while imagining the city’s early historical locations.
Since our city literally grew up on the Chicago River, this is a great way to take in the contemporary urban landscape while visiting some historic spots.
Spend 90 minutes paddling the Main Branch of the river, as your lead tour guide stops periodically to tell stories and share detail about Chicago’s rich history.
There is a 20-minute pre-tour session on land, where our guides go over safety issues, “rules of the river” and provide a brief paddling demonstration for those who are new or novice kayakers. Reservations recommended.
- Arrival time: Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to check in and store anything you don’t want to take on the water in one of our lockers.
- Launch site: This tour starts and finishes at our Riverwalk location.
- How to dress: Assume you will get wet, and dress accordingly. Also, wear workout/cycling gloves if you have them. Your hands will thank you.