Kayak down the Chicago River for a one-of-a-kind happy hour! After your paddle, enjoy a free domestic beer at Taco Rio by Urban Kayaks.
Riverwalk Intro Paddle
- Single Kayak Ages 18+ or accompanied by an adult
- Tandem Kayak Ages 18+ or accompanied by an adult | For 2 People
Get a Taste of Kayaking by the Chicago Riverwalk
Never kayaked before? No problem! Take a lesson from one of our experienced instructors and paddle the Chicago River’s main branch. Our guides go out on the water with you and groups are kept small, perfect for families getting their first taste of kayaking on the Chicago River.
This product includes on-land training, plus an hour on the water, and is perfect for families and first-timers. Typically, there will be one instructor per six boats. Reservations recommended.
- Arrival time: Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to check in and store anything you don’t want to take on the water in one of our lockers.
- Launch site: This tour starts and finishes at our Riverwalk location.
- How to dress: Assume you will get wet, and dress accordingly. Also, wear workout/cycling gloves if you have them. Your hands will thank you.