A guided excursion along the Chicago River Main Branch brings kayakers through a beautiful modern urban environment while imagining the city’s early historic locations!
- Single Kayak Ages 18+ or accompanied by an adult
- Tandem Kayak Ages 18+ or accompanied by an adult | For 2 People
The Best View of Chicago’s fireworks!
Urban Kayak’s premium product, we combine our Historic Chicago Tour with the twice-weekly Navy Pier fireworks show.
First, spend 90 minutes kayaking through the Chicago River’s Main Branch with the skyscrapers illuminated at night, making stops at several key locations to learn about city history where its relevant to the river. Whether you are looking for a romantic after-dinner date or the highlight of your summer vacation, this is a can’t miss!
There is a 20-minute safety/training session before the tour begins, and lights are mounted on each boat.
- Arrival time: Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to check in and store anything you don’t want to take on the water in one of our lockers.
- Launch site: This tour starts and finishes at our Riverwalk location, just a few hundred yards from where you’ll watch the fireworks display.
- How to dress: Assume you will get wet, and dress accordingly. Also, wear workout/cycling gloves if you have them. Your hands will thank you.